2007-12-17

Pink and Green Choco Cupcakes



In line with my Christmas Project, I thought of doing cupcakes as one of the possible candidates. Loving chocolate, I thought why not chocolate cupcakes with butter cream icing. I had to back out from the idea because it would require that the cupcakes be delivered ASAP so that the butter cream would not melt. With the weather we have, the possibility of transporting boxes of cupcakes to all the houses of my recipients might turn out into a disaster. I also do not have enough room to store all the made cupcakes in the refrigerator. (How I wish I had those industrial refrigerators that would be large enough to store everything I need and create). Besides, I prefer to give my goodies on the same day they were made. That way I make sure they are at their most freshest state. (This rule does not apply for fruitcakes thought :D)

I tried two versions of chocolate cupcake that my aunt shared with me. Both are chocolaty good but the other one is denser than the other. I used the excess frosting I made for the carrot cake and added food coloring to differentiate one from the other. Now I can't remember whether the green one was denser than the pink. Oh well, I am still going to share this with you in case you just want to try it out and judge for yourself which one is best.

I am going to separate the second Chocolate Cupcake recipe so that you wouldn't be scrolling down and it would be easier for you to bookmark the version you like best.

The Ingredients:
2 eggs
1 cup sugar
1 cup all-purpose flour
6 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon vanilla essence
2/3 cup milk
2/3 cup butter, melted

Cooking Procedure:
Grease the muffin tins or cups with oil or line them with paper muffin cups. Preheat the oven at 350 deg F or 180 deg C. Mix all the dry ingredients together. Beat the eggs and sugar together. Add 1/3 of the dry ingredients and and 1/2 of the milk. Mix together and alternately add the dry and wet ending with the last 1/3 of the dry ingredients. Add vanilla. Fold in the butter. Pour into muffin tins filling only 2/3s full. Bake for about 30 minutes or until an inserted wooden toothpick or knife comes out clean.

Serves 12 regular sized cupcakes.

My Notes:
I frosted with the remaining cream cheese frosting I used to frost the carrot cake. I could have frosted it with chocolate ganache or icing but wouldn't want the cream cheese frosting go to waste. I dropped a few food coloring into the frosting to get the desired color. I just can't remember if I used the green or red frosting to top these. :D

The verdict:
The chocolate cupcakes were good according to everyone who tried it. One found the frosting too sweet with the cupcake. My gut feel tells me that the search is still on.

No comments:

 

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin