2007-11-08

In search for this year's delicious Yuletide treats

A photo of me last year during the holidaysEvery year we would send home-made pastries to all our relatives, friends and co-workers as Christmas presents. I remember it started with my aunt who loves to cook and bake. She would send us at least two out of the three pies their household would prepare. That would either be the Pecan Pie, Pineapple Pie or Apple Pie. How much we loved these and always ask for more for the New Year. When she decided to hand down the recipes to us, we made these as part of the the holiday feast at home and in Christmas parties. It ever reached to a point where people would specifically request what to get for Christmas (and it is still true till now). I guess it has become a holiday staple for them too.

But when work took most of my time during the holidays, I had to come up with goodies that would consume less time and produce more. A pie would take atleast 1 to 1.5 hours and my oven isn't huge enough to accommodate all the requests. Aside from that, normally it is a 2 man team. It would either be my mom or the household help who assists me in slaving away these creations. I have been yearly searching for new pastries, cakes and cookies that would be out of the ordinary and special that you could say, "I can taste the wonderful goodness of Christmas!" :D

This year, I am still contemplating on which of the recipes that I will retain and what to try that is extra special and spectacular. If I do find it, I will be more than happy to share with you the toothsome goodness this yuletide will bring.

No comments:

 

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin