2007-12-06

Orange Speckles



Mom was requesting for carrot cake and decided to make her one. I halved the recipe batter and the frosting into two. The first half was placed into a loaf pan and the rest into muffin tins. I baked the cupcakes for about 15-20 minutes. I was considering of adding this as part of my Christmas Project but decided not to. There are plenty of carrot cakes out there already. I know it is simple to do and the ingredients are not hard to find. But I want a special one that is different.

One thing I got out of this adventure, I was able to play around with food coloring and modified the look of the cream cheese frosting. I didn't want to store it in the freezer for future use. I added the remaining grated carrot (about 1/3 cup) to 1/3 of the frosting. And viola, an orange speckled frosting over moist carrot cupcakes. The taste of carrots in the frosting wasn't that evident but the color and texture was pleasing IMHO.

No comments:

 

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin