2007-12-30

Holiday Feast

Finally, time to update and get back on track. I have been busy with my Christmas Project, baking and cooking for the Christmas presents for family and friends. I am pleased with the out come with the search for this year's baked treat. I will share with you the winning recipe soon. I never got the chance to shop for the gifts for my godkids, so I ended up giving them Christmas money instead. I am sure their parents would know what to do with it. (Most of my godchildren are in the toddler stage to pre-school).

This year, we are celebrating Christmas and mom's birthday with simple dishes. Yes, you read it right. Mom's birthday falls on Christmas day. She says that it is a great honor to have the same birthday celebrations with Christ but it deprives her of having two gifts in a year. Aw, mom... I try to make sure that she gets 2 presents from me. I love receiving gifts but I love giving more. It is a delight to see the wonder smiles and eyes lit-up.

So back to the feast... Here is the menu:

Macaroni Salad
Mom's Pancit (Egg Noodles)
Buttered Garlic Shrimps
Pork Spring Rolls
Oriental Steamed Fish
Honey Garlic Roasted Chicken
Roasted Suckling Young Pig (Lechon de Leche)
Steamed Rice
Assorted Softdrinks
Fruit Salad
Leche Flan
Mango Dulce de Leche and Rocky Road Ice cream
Green Tea and brewed coffee

We had home-made Apple Pie to the list but decided to present this to a relative. I accidentally miscalculated the number of recipients and the pies I made. I was one short. :)

I will be posting some of the recipes and hopefully you would try them. May you enjoy your holiday celebration filled with love and laughter as much as we enjoyed ours.

Happy Holidays!!!

No comments:

 

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin