2011-10-07

Shrimp Alfredo Sauce

I have been boarding with a co-worker last year in New Jersey who is into pasta. So I went ahead and prepared this dish as requested by another co-worker. I thought it would be a good deal to have a small get together and this would be my contribution. I made 2 batches - one to share among friends and the other with my roommate.


1 lb shelled and deveined shrimps
3 - 4 tbsps. butter
1 pint heavy cream
1 stick butter
2 tbsps. cream cheese
1/2 cup grated Parmesan
1 tsp. grated powder
1 box spaghetti or fettucini noodles

Cook raw shrimp in 3 - 4 tbsps. butter until pink. Set aside.
Combine cream cheese, heavy cream and butter. Simmer and mix well. Add parmesan cheese and garlic powder. Simmer for 15 - 20 minutes. Season with salt and pepper to taste.

Mix the sauce with the cooked noodles and top with cooked shrimp.

To add color, i sprinkled it with chopped parlsey.

No comments:

 

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin