2011-10-26

Chicken with Peanut Sauce

We have a couple of jars of peanut butter that I brought home for Mom. Not being to crazy with peanut butter, this was sitting in the pantry for the longest time that I thought try cooking with it in a regular dish. I know there are a few dessert recipes that I can use this with... maybe the next posting...

This dish is pretty interesting and very quick to do. I thought the sprouts brought an interesting texture and the ginger gave it zing. Instead of using noodles just as the original recipe called for,  we had this over rice and it tasted pretty good. Let me know what you think.


1 Tbsp. cooking oil (vegetable or canola)
1 medium red bell pepper, julienned
4 spring onions, sliced diagonally into 1/5 inch width
150 grams bean sprouts, cleaned (the original only required 60 grams)
500 grams (1 lb) chicken fillet, cubed
2 tsps. soy sauce (the original required 2 tbsps., I reduced it because I find it too salty)
140 grams smooth peanut butter (about 8-10 tablespoons)
1 to 1 1/2 tsp. grated fresh ginger
110 ml (4 fl oz) chicken stock

In a hot wok, place 1/2 tbsp. saute chicken until the juices run clear and all sides are cooked. Do not over cook the chicken else it might become dry. Set this aside. In the same wok, add the rest of the oil and saute pepper, bean sprouts and spring onions until tender but still crunchy. Set this aside.
Mix soy sauce, peanut butter and ginger in a sauce pan over medium heat. Add the chicken stock and mix well and heat through. Add chicken and veggies and toss to coat. Pour over cooked (250 grams) Chinese noodles or hot steaming rice.

1 comment:

Clairebakescakes said...

Malou,
I used the regular package. We only have 1 size here so I don't remember what the size is.
(Reference to the Peanut Butter Cookie Truffles)
Thanks for visiting my site.
Claire

 

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin