2009-08-02

Chicken and Pork with Sweet Soy Sauce

With the challenge of what to cook next that I haven't tried, mom suggested that I try this recipe. I am not sure if she has even tried it though. And so, the verdict? I wasn't really a fan of it. There was something missing and I couldn't put my finger on it. Maybe you can let me know where I went wrong (".")



1/2 half chicken (about 1/2 kilo), cut into pieces
1/4 kilo pork, cut into 1/2" cubes
1 tbsps. garlic, chopped
1/2 medium onion, sliced
1/4 cup sweet soy sauce
3 potatoes, peeled and sliced
salt and pepper to taste
bunch of coriander leaves, roughly chopped

Saute chicken and pork over medium heat until the outer is brown. Add the garlic and onion and continue to stir until the onion is translucent and the garlic is tender. Pour sweet soy sauce and mix until the meats are coated. Add 1 cup water or broth and the potatoes. Let it simmer until the meats are tender and the potatoes are cooked. Season with salt and pepper. Add more liquid if necessary. Continue to simmer until the sauce has evaporated leaving about 1/4 cup. Remove from the fire and transfer in a serving dish. Sprinkle with chopped parsley.

Notes: Sweet soy sauce may be bought in Asian stores or on the international or Asian isles of the grocery.

No comments:

 

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin