2009-07-15

Pan-Seared Yellowfin Tuna with Wasabi-Parsley Sauce

My aunt came to visit us and I decided to prepare a seafood dish for her. I saw a recipe in one of the cook books my sister bought but never used :D. I have been wanting to try this ever since I saw this and this was the best opportunity to test my skills. I have succeeded so far by not overcooking the fish and the sauce came out well with a few adjustments in the recipe. The original recipe called for dill for the sauce, but I couldn't find any after scouting numerous groceries. So I decided to replace it with the herbs I have and that would be parsley. (The second time I made this with dill, my brother wasn't a fan. He preferred the first batch.)

Let me know what you think is better?

Ingredients:
750 grams yellowfin fresh tuna, sliced into 1/3" thick fillets
salt and pepper
1/2 lemon
olive oil or canola oil

For the sauce:
1 small container for the yoghurt
2 tbsps. full cream milk
2 tsps. wasabi paste
2 tbsps. chopped parsley
a pinch of pepper
1/4 - 1/2 tsp. salt

Mix all the ingredients for the sauce very well until all ingredients are well blended. Store the sauce in the refrigerator until we are ready to serve.

Season the tuna fillets with salt and pepper on both sides. Sprinkle with lemon juice and let it sit for about 3 - 4 minutes. Heat a flat pan and place about 2 tbsps. of oil. Once the oil is hot, pan sear on side of fillets until slightly brown but not cooked through, roughly a minute will do). Flip the fish and sear the other side for another minute. Try not to cook the fish through else it may be over cooked. The center should remain redish-pink. Quickly transfer the fish to a serving plate and serve the sauce on the side. (You may pour the sauce over the fish but with respect for others who are not fond with wasabi, I opt to serve the sauce on the side and let them get as much sauce they want.)

No comments:

 

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin