2009-11-30

Tuna Hot Pandesal

I was rummaging through old recipe index cards that I collected over the years from every possible source I got my hands on. I was thinking of an easy breakfast dish to prepare which ended up as a snack today. It was good in my opinion because the olives gave the usual tuna spread a twist on the taste :D. I told my brother to heat the whole thing in the toaster oven. He said, "No need, it will be good as is." I guess it was since he finished his snack.
Pandesal (small buns) was a substitute to the original recipe that required hot dog buns. First I didn't had any in the pantry. Second, I was preparing this as a snack.

Ingredients:

1 can tuna flakes, drained
5-6 pcs. pitted olives, minced
1 onion, minced
2 - 3 hard boiled eggs, chopped
1/3 cup to 1/2 cup mayonnaise
1/4 cup quick melt cheese, sliced into cubes
salt to taste
10 hot dog buns or 15-20 pcs. pandesal

In a bowl, mix tuna, olives, onions, cheese and mayonnaise. Add eggs and salt to taste. Place about 1 1/2 tbsps. of the mixture in the hotdog buns or about 1 tbsp. for pandesal. Place on a cookie sheet and wrap with foil. Toaste for about 8 minutes to 10 minutes in 300F or until the bread is heated or cheese has slightly melted. Serve.

Notes: Depending on the preference, onions may be white or red. The white ones give a sweeter taste while the red ones are more stronger. I personally omitted the salt since I used tuna flakes in brine.

No comments:

 

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin