2009-11-06

Korean Beef

My aunt, dad's elder sister, is one of the best cooks I have met. She practically taught most of my cousins, my siblings and me to cook specifically the art of baking. Every Christmas we would get one of her baked goodies which she passed down to us.


This recipe of Korean Beef was passed down to us when we couldn't get enough of it. She would prepare this dish on special occasions only. My family had to beg to get a copy of this recipe. Wonderful scents of sesame oil, toasted sesame seeds, ginger and garlic stewing in a pot of soy sauce and chilli with cuts of beef brings my mouth watering (the whole family too) everytime I would cook this dish.


When I went to the States and cooked this recipe, my co-workers loved it that they claim the sauce is good enough to eat with rice. Thank you Tita for sharing this recipe.



1 kilo beef brisket


1st Step:

salt to taste
1 - 1 1/2 Tbsp. dried chilli
3 1/2 Tbsp. soy sauce
3 Tbsp. sugar

1/2 garlic head, minced

2 inches ginger, sliced


2nd Set

2 Tbsp. ground sesame seeds
1 Tbsp. sesame oil (opt)


1 1/2 - 2 Tbsp. toasted whole sesame seeds
sliced leeks


Procedure:

Stir fry beef in oil for 5 minutes.Add Step I ingredients and enough water to cover beef. Simmer for 1 hour.Add Step II. Continue to simmer until beef is tender. Add water when necessary.Adjust the taste by adding more sugar to sweeten, soy sauce for more taste.Turn off when sauce has been reduced to half. Serve with toasted whole sesame seeds and sliced leeks leaves.

No comments:

 

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin