2009-07-20

Pochero

I can't remember when but I know growing up, mom would cook this dish. I remember loved eating this with newly cooked rice and all the meats would be gone in a flash. The vegetables would be left and mom would try to convince us to eat it too. Of course when I grew up, I appreciate it more by eating the vegetables too. Though I have to admit that I am not a fan of sweet potatoes.

1 kilo chicken or pork cut into serving pieces
1 (250 grms.) chorizo, halved
1 (250 grms.) hotdogs/franks, sliced diagonally into 3
1 (390 grms.) pork and beans, drained
3 tbsps. butter
1 medium onion, quartered
1 tbsp. flour
3 cups beef broth
1 tbsp. sugar
1/4 cup tomato paste
2-3 banana (saba), cut into 3 portions diagonally, fried
2 sweet potatoes, quartered
2 bunch pechay tagalog, washed and cut
1 medium cabbage, quartered

Stir fry chorizo and beef franks. Set aside. Into the remaining fat, saute onion and add flour. Gradually pour in broth and pork and beans sauce, sugar and tomato paste. Season well. Add fried bananas, sweet potatoes, vegetables, chorizo, franks, pork and beans. Cover and simmer for 1 minute. Serve while hot.

No comments:

 

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin