2009-06-12

Pasta with Asparagus, Shitake and Sun Dried Tomatoes

I went to the market bought a kilo of fresh salmon fillet. Then I came across a stall selling fresh shitake mushrooms and asparagus. I called my brother if he wanted me to get some with the catch that he will be cooking it. So I got a pound of asparagus and 200 grams of shitake. So he prepared it with pasta and sun dried tomatoes. It is came out great :D

Ingredients:
400-500 grams cooked long noodles such as Gemelli, Bucatini
1 lb asparagus, sliced into 2 inches
200 grams shitake mushrooms, chopped
1/2 cup sundried tomato, chopped
3-4 cloves garlic, chopped
1/4-1/2 cup olive oil (I reused some of the olive oil from the sundried tomatoes)
1 tsp. dried oregano or thyme or italian seasoning
salt and pepper
grated parmesan

Saute the garlic until tender in 1/2 cup oil. Avoid letting it brown to avoid a bitter taste. Add mushrooms and asaparagus. Cook until the vegetables are tender. Season with salt and pepper, and dried oregano. Add more olive oil to make sure the noodles get covered. Add tomatoes and saute for 2 minutes more. Toss in noodles and mix thoroughtly. Transfer to serving dish and sprinkle with parmesan cheese.

No comments:

 

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin