2009-06-23

Beef Caldereta

Nanay Chit makes great caldereta. She asked me to bring home some to share it with my family. Everyone got hooked. Too bad that Nanay had to go to the US to visit her son and his family. So through trial and error, I stumbled to a recipe that is almost near to hers. I can't wait until she comes home this September.

Ingredients:
half a head of garlic, minced
3-4 whole onions, minced
4-6 tomatoes, chopped
2-3 bell pepper, chopped
1 kilo beef, sliced into 1x1.5 inch cubes
200 grams tomato sauce*
tabasco sauce
salt and pepper to taste
3 potatoes, peeled and cubed
2 carrots, peeled and cubed
1/4 - 1/3 cup liver spread
1/4 cup cheese

Quickly boil beef and remove the scum from the water. Remove the beef from the stock and reserve the liquid.
Saute garlic and onions until the garlic is fragrant and the onions are transparent. Add in tomatoes and saute until it is tender. Stir in the bell pepper. Add the beef and stir well. add enough water to cook the meat until it is fork tender. Drop in potatoes and carrots. Pour in tomato sauce and Tabasco sauce based on personal preference. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Add liver spread when the vegetables are almost cooked. Stir to make it blend well. Reduce the liquid and add in cheese to thicken the sauce. Serve hot.

Note:
*Tomato Sauce - I accidentally saw that I didn't have enough tomato sauce. I only had the 90 gram pack. So I used yomato ketchup.

No comments:

 

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin