2008-03-31

Buko Pandan with Gulaman



My friends and I decided to visit one of the historical places in the Philippines that is just a stone's throw away from Manila. It was my first time to visit the island of Corregidor and it was a wonderful experience. It gave us a chance to capture history through the remnants, stories from the guide and visual markers. A blast from the past so to speak.

One of the unique things that I have tried is their Buko Pandan with Gulaman. It is unique for me since we barely prepare drinks at home that uses these ingredients and the combination of the tastes were different for me as well. The way it was presented was pretty cool with the green pandan juice is set ontop while the red jello (gulaman) is set on the bottom. It reminded me of the traffic lights. Just add color to the center and there you have it. A cool refreshing traffic light in a glass :).

If you haven't been there or would like to reminisce I would like to share with you just some of the photos I took: http://www.flickr.com/photos/78495325@N00/sets/72157603978976564/. Maybe the next time, I visit we might bump into each other there :D.

No comments:

 

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin